Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Meritocracy in Action: The Apache Membership Process

The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) will be holding its annual Members' meeting this July. Among the Foundation's business that takes place during this meeting is the election of new ASF Members.

ASF committers who demonstrate merit in the Foundation’s growth, evolution, and progress are nominated for ASF Membership by existing members and elected bi-annually.

The ASF just published the list of new Members elected at the January 2011 Members' meeting on its blog. That was 6 months ago but it's never too late to blog about it :).

I just discovered that blog today as people started to send me emails when they saw my name there...

It is a great honor for me to be in that list as a new -- well... 6 month old :) -- elected ASF Member!

For more info, see the complete list of ASF members, committers and how the ASF works.

No comments:


The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent positions, strategies or opinions of my employer IBM.